Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ConceptBoard

 I have decided to choose this as my final concept

 broad.  This concept board is best to draw out my 

creative ideas and inspire me more than the others. the 

composition of this concept board is quirky and far 

more interesting. 

This building was design by  Kisho Kurokawa and his building the Nakagin Capsule Tower (1974). His works often explore the sustainability and exchangeability of infrastructures to accommodate the organic growth of the mass. He also belongs to the Metablolist movement, which looks towards into the future for inspiration and rejects traditional laws of form and function. I too am interested in the sustainable future and also reinterpreting non-fashion materials to use in my designs. I see garments (on a small scale) as a form of personal architecture, intimately housing, protecting and decorating the body.

Furthermore, I’m fascinated by this building imperfect façade. The plain concrete is covered in green mole, rust and stains as if it’s taking on the traces left by the occupants. I want to translate this relationship into my designs.  The combined individual units look like scientific molecular structure almost replicating and expanding itself. The repetition of the austere squares, and awkward arrangement of the module creates tension and interesting contour and shape to the building. This can be translated in dislocated and reconfigured forms in the skirt.   The windows are reminiscing of eyes peering out into the atmosphere. I can only imagine what the other person living in the module is looking at. The windows on the building act both as a form of fabrication and a way a connection the occupants to the outside world and vice versa. I want to explore fabrications that will allow the wearer’s body to still be connected to the environment and other people and not cut off the body from the outside world.        

No comments:

Post a Comment